PWA: talking UX
UX Camp Brighton / 25 March 2017
“Progressive Web Apps are experiences that combine the best of the web and the best of apps”
Pete LePage – Developer Advocate at Google
the progressive definition
provide an experience everyone can use
..extra presentation and functionality layered on
What a PWA isn't..
- Separate from websites
- Device/OS specific
- Undiscoverable on the web
- Data/storage use heavy
- A replacement/substitute for native apps
What a PWA probably is..
- Connectivity over unreliable networks/offline
- App-style interactions
- Always up-to-date (versionless)
- Safe (from secure origin)
Applying the methods and ingredients of PWAs:
What parts of the UX can we improve?
- 1 Think of an existing website that could be improved
- 2 Where might one or more features of a PWA improve UX?
- 3 Write down some user stories/visualise
calumryan.com / @calum_ryan